Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Information is Power

I have been an avid follower of the blog ,'Zoo Tennis', and marvel at the amount of information that is shared on Colette Lewis' pages. The passion that she has for tennis and the dedication that she has to players, coaches and parents is remarkable. I follow her site daily and feel connected to this very special community of athletes. I especially love to follow the results of players that I have known and trained in the past four years in USTA Player Development. Without that information I would feel lost.

In my role at the USTA in Carson, CA. I interacted daily with players, parents and coaches in all levels of tennis. I shared my knowledge and expertise and attempted to influence the daily habits and rituals of these players. I disseminated information at every opportunity in order to make a difference. I miss that interaction in my private pursuits but am no less passionate about the mission at hand: Creating well-rounded, healthy, athletic, self-reliant tennis players who are capable of developing into the next grand slam champion.

Inspired by Colette and her blog, I have decided to share what I know best with the group that I love the most-junior tennis and the very young athlete. Through daily updates I hope to cover proper injury prevention, strength and conditioning and other pertinent topics to this very special population.

Knowledge is power and if I can help just one player achieve their dream than I too have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment